Life in Gainesville
The city of Gainesville and our surrounding north central Florida communities are among the nicest places you’ll ever live.
The area offers a sophisticated and scholarly environment within an academic enclave built with the future in mind. Living here, you’ll enjoy enlightening and engaging cultural and arts activities, high-energy University of Florida sporting events and a centralized location that puts you within comfortable driving distance of famous beaches and attractions.
But you don’t have to go far to enjoy the true nature of Gainesville, as there are parks, lakes and springs less than an hour away in any direction. You’ll also have access to impressive educational opportunities at our three local community colleges and the University of Florida.
You’ll truly enjoy the best of all worlds here. Learn more now about this special place you can call your own!
Become Familiar With Gainesville
- City of Gainesville
- Public Schools: Alachua County School Board
- Housing Information
- Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
- Local News: The Gainesville Sun
- Gainesville/Alachua County Visitors & Convention Bureau
- Visitor Information and Leisure Activities
Sports and Recreation
- University of Florida Gator Athletics
- City of Gainesville Parks & Recreation
- Gainesville Cycling Club
- North Central Florida State Parks
- Florida Springs
- Hippodrome State Theatre
- Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
- Dance Alive!
- Gainesville Chamber Orchestra
- Friends of Jazz & Blues